The festschrift comprises issue 71(1) of Library Trends, published for the School of Information Sciences, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, by Johns Hopkins University Press. For more than 70 years, Library Trends has explored critical trends in professional librarianship through practical applications, thorough analyses, and literature reviews. The vision for the festschrift was developed by coeditors-in-chief Clara M. Chu, UIUC, and Jaya Raju, University of Cape Town, South Africa.
Festschrift coeditors Coleman and Kyrillidou presented Smith the festscrift at the 130th anniversary celebration of the School of Information Sciences, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, on 25 June 2023 at the American Writers Museum. Learn more about the presentation <here>.
All are invited a virtual symposium on Thursday, September 28, 12:00-2:00 p.m. Central Time to celebrate Professor Emerita Linda C. Smith's contributions to the field of LIS. The event will feature a discussion with the authors of the festschrift and colleagues, moderated by former students. Register here. Read more...
Library and Information Science, Interdisciplinary Perspectives: A Festschrift in Honor of Linda C. Smith,
Library Trends, 71:1 — Table of Contents
- Introduction – Anita S. Coleman and Martha Kyrillidou
- Linda C. Smith: Fifty Years of Library and Information Science Education by Design -- Lynne C. Howarth and Eileen G. Abels
- LIS Accreditation: Why and What Next? – Rachel Applegate
- “The Teaching of Reference Must Keep Pace”: Teaching Sources and Searching in an Evolving Reference Environment – Melissa A. Wong
- Miranda’s Quest – D.W. Krummel
- Navigating the Copyright Alternative in Small Claims Enforcement (CASE) Act in an Education and Library Environment – Tomas A. Lipinski
- Modeling of Serials – Ed Jones
- Curating for Convergence: Data Stewardship for Interdisciplinary Inquiry – Carole L. Palmer and Melissa H. Cragin
- Closing the Loop: Bridging Machine Learning (ML) Research and Library Systems – Ryan Cordell